Yet another Interview

• tl;dr:
    Nebenwaffe! #24!

The Secret World Interviews: Joel Bylos on the Past, Present & Future of TSW

By Shannon Doyle on August 21, 2014

Getting the opportunity to interview developers is one of the highlights of my career. Getting the chance to meet them in person is really the only step up from it. I’ve had the pleasure of not only interviewing The Secret World’s Joel Bylos before but I also met him at Gamescom a few years ago. He is passionate about TSW, and loves a good joke. So when the anniversary for The Secret World was approaching I reached out to get an interview. It was poorly timed though. Funcom was just about to shut down for a summer vacation and Gamecom would be our focus shortly afterwards. And though MMORPG isn’t finished with their Gamescom coverage yet, and PAX Prime isn’t far off I thought I would sneak in this interview anyway.
    <div style="text-align:center;">

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions about The Secret World. If we could start off please tell us your name, what you do, and which faction you belong to.
    Hi, my name is Joel Bylos, I am the Creative Director and my faction is a well kept secret hidden in the bowels of an Orochi facility on a quantum encrypted drive. Of course, someone stuck the password on a post-it note nearby so...
    The Past
    What was the hardest part of making Tokyo?
    Tokyo has been in the pipeline for a very long time, but the single thing that took the longest when creating Tokyo was the art. An urban playfield isn't simple to make - there are hundreds of assets to create and place, as well as the rendering budgets for making those assets visible and trying to wrap it all up in a package that doesn't destroy frame rate.
    Otherwise, of course, it is just time consuming to build content to the high quality standard that we hold ourselves to in The Secret World, so it takes time to get there as well.
    [align=center]Shannon Doyle
    Created On: August 21, 2014
    <p class="">
    <p class="">Quelle

"We're just like you. The eight companies that make up the Group are formed from thousands of individuals, each one a vital part of Orochi. We think their words explain us best, so each week we provide a testimonial from one of our valued employees."

• Zitat

tl;dr:
    Nebenwaffe! #24!

Das stand aber schonmal irgendwo (GDL, AMA oder sowas), dass innerhalb der Tokioserie noch eine Nebenwaffe (Magie) kommt. Und wieviele Ideen Joel noch so in der Rübe hat, erzählte er mal zum 1. Geburtstag.
    Schön, mal wieder was zu hören, auch wenn es eigentlich nichts neues zu erzählen gibt.